Joining Christ Church
Joining Christ Church can be done formally or informally. Being a formal member is a sign of your commitment to the community and a sign to others about your love of God and your commitment to Jesus Christ. The steps to becoming a member of Christ Church will be explained below. However, you could choose to simply be an active participant- in worship, fellowship an service- and that is just fine. God’s grace and love is for everyone.
The way to become a member depends in part on how you have been involved in other churches.
• If you’ve never been baptized, you can become a member by being baptized. Those who want to be baptized (and those parents who want to have their children baptized) will meet with the rector to discuss matters of faith and the truths we hold central to our faith. Being baptized makes you both a member of Christ Church and a member of the Episcopal Church.
• If you’ve been baptized but not confirmed, you can be confirmed and become a member, after meeting with the rector to discuss matters of faith and the truths we hold central to our faith. Confirmations take place when the bishop of our diocese is here, usually between the months of March – May.
• If you’ve been baptized and confirmed in either the Roman Catholic or Orthodox Church, the way to become a member is to be received as a member of the church. People who want to be received will meet with the rector to discuss matters of faith and the truths we hold central to our faith. Reception, like confirmation, takes place during the bishop’s visit.
• If you’ve been baptized and/or confirmed in an Episcopal church, you are a member of the parish in which you were baptized unless you request that your membership be transferred. A letter of transfer form is available in the church office; with a few details, the parish administrator can handle this transfer for you. If an Episcopalian has moved to several Episcopal churches over the course of his/her life, a transfer letter must be requested at each new church in order for membership to be moved. Fill out the Inquirers Form if you are interested in becoming a member.
• Members and non-members alike are encouraged to join in the life of the congregation, pledge, receive communion, serve in ministry, and otherwise be an active participant at Christ Church.
If you would like to proceed, please send an email to our parish office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and indicate the following:
Name (and others in household)
Please indicate interest in:
Transferring in from another Parish